ActivitiesTrekking ( kurinjal Peak/kudremukha Peak)
Jeep Safari ( Ganapathi katte to Singsaar road )
DistanceAir: The nearest airport is at Mangalore, 170 km away
Rail: The nearest railhead is at Kadur, 40 km away
Road: Just about 350 km from Bangalore and 95 km from Chikmagalur, it’s the perfect destination for a Western-Ghats driving tour, connected by road to Mangalore and Sringeri as well. You can also take the bus
Road Route: Bangalore--> Yeshwanthpur--> Peenya--> Nelamangala--> Kunigal--> Hassanà Belur--> Mudigere--> Kalasa--> Kudremukh
Resort Contact infoBhagawathi Nature Camp, Kudremukha
Mudigere Taluk, Chikkamangaluru District- 577142 Karnataka, India
Manager:Mr. Sharathchandra A
Contact Number: 9449597875
Email id: [email protected]
- Dress for comfort. Do avoid bright colours and stick to muted shades of green, black, grey and brown. The more you meld with the background, the better.
- Wear comfortbale walking shoes.
- Avoid smoking - anything can start a forest fire.
- You'll be spending a lot of time outdoors. Don't forget your hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, torch, etc.
- Avoid plastics. We're really trying to cut down on plastics.
Nearby tourist spotsGangamoola Hill is in Samse taluk of Chikmangalur district and the the origin of three important rivers, the Tunga, the Bhadra and the Nethravathi. There is a shrine to Goddess Bhagavathi and a 1.8m-high Varaha image within a cave.
Jamalabad Fort: An 18th-century fort built by Tipu Sultan and named after his mother, Jamalbee.