Kabini is surprisingly accessible. Located 5 km off the Mysore-Mananthavadi Road, it's only a few hours away from Mysore and Bangalore.
- If you are travelling by your own car, all you have to do is reach Mysore and then follow the detailed route sketches. Incidentally, your driver can stay free of cost at our comfortable dormitory.
- You can hire a taxi for the to and fro journey, including a night halt at Kabini.
- Another alternative is to take a train ride of 2 - 2 1/2 hours from Bangalore City to Mysore, and from there proceed by car/bus to Kabini.
- If you're arriving by train, arrange for a taxi to meet you at the station for your onward journey to Kabini.
- Those setting out from Ooty can follow the Bandipur, Gundlupet, Begur, Nugu Dam & Hand Post Circle for a shorter albeit bumpy route, or come via Mysore, which is a better road.
- Guests from Mumbai, Delhi, Calcutta, Hyderabad, Madras etc., can arrive via Bangalore.
- Guests from Trivandrum, Cochin & Calicut can come via Mananthavadi, along the Mysore Mananthavadi road.
- Guests from Mangalore & Madikeri could come via Hunsur, H.D. Kote and Hand Post Circle.
"Thank you! we had an excellent day trip at bannergatta. all your staff and officials are extremely professional, helpful and courteous. Keep up the good work! your efforts in wildlife conservation are truly commandable and praiseworthy! We will surely come again to stay overnight."14-01-2013
Rahul Dravid, Bangalore