Brief history: Jungle Lodges and Resorts Ltd. (JLR) was set up in 1980 as the state's wildlife and eco-tourism initiative as a Pvt. Ltd. company by M/s Tiger Tops Pvt. Ltd. Later in the year 1987, M/s Tiger Tops Pvt. Ltd. withdrew by selling their entire share to Government of Karnataka. Now, JLR is a responsible ecotourism company with 16 properties, located in Karnataka's amazing natural destinations, offering well furnished, eco-sensitive living quarters (tented cottages/ loghuts), excellent cuisine and outdoor activities catering predominantly to an Indian audience with a smaller percentage of inbound tourists.
Objectives: To promote eco-tourism, wildlife tourism, adventure tourism and various outdoor activities like trekking, camping, white water rafting, joy fishing etc., that are non-consumptive components of eco-tourism and in general help in environment conservation.
· Sensitization to diversity in nature
· Bring people closer to nature
· Create ambassadors for conservation
· Bring in ecological sensitivity
· Support local communities
· Support Forest Department.
Commitment: It is our constant endeavour to provide a good experience to our guests and we continuously strive to ensure that we send back guests happy and satisfied.
Tourists/customer: Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is a backbone for tourism industry and the success, failure or growth of a company depends on this aspect. A customer interaction in an eco-lodge takes place at the following place.
· Enquiry about JLR and its properties is available at the head office and at the resorts.
· Providing information about properties and tariffs through a booking/ reservation staff, travel agents, website/ email, telephone/ other communication.
· The booking can be done at head office, resorts and also online.
· Payment can be made online through our website www.junglelodges.com
· At the resort, the Resident Manager, Naturalist and all the other staff make the customer stay comfortable.
· Any suggestions or complaints are received at the resort by the Resident Manager through the feedback forms.
· In case of any complaint or request not properly handled or processed, guests are welcome to approach the Managing Director or the Executive Director at Head office, Bangalore.
· Email and updates of our properties and information of loyalty membership details and cards, new packages are available on website www.junglelodges.com
· An upgraded website www.jlrexplore.com has been developed for facilitating the tourists to know about daily sightings in our wildlife resorts, to view the pictures in gallery and to explore latest information. Guests can also narrate their trip stories on this website.
Contractors/ Business partners:
To facilitate the bidders about various contract works, goods, services, all publications of tenders are done through e-procurement portal and advertisements are published in local newspapers. Preparation and finalization of tenders are done through e-procurement portal.
For the past 10 years we have been visiting JLR resorts at Cauvery,BR Hills ,Bhadra etc.I would like to place on record our deep appreciation of the services and the personal attention of the staff.The attention to detail and the warmth and hospitality our excellent. Our last stay was at Bandipur from 6th to 8th August 2013.Excellent stay.28-08-2013
K.S.David Fmr Managing Director, Goodricke Group, Camellia PLC , U.K