- What is JLR Explore?JLR Explore showcases Karnataka's natural history. It is a platform to bring stories about nature to people. It is also a forum for nature travelers to share their journeys and experiences.
- If I have to contribute content to JLR Explore, how can I contribute?You can contribute to JLR Explore by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to more detailed guidelines in question 5.
- What are the broad parameters governing content for JLR Explore?The broad parameters for governing content for JLR Explore are: • The content and images submitted should be original. • Rather than stories about familiar occurrences, interesting photographic perspectives and well-researched write-ups are preferred. However, well-written stories or anecdotes of commonplace sightings or events too can be submitted. • Articles about lesser-known flora & fauna are preferred, instead of those about mega-fauna or charismatic species. • Content should be written in popular format but should be scientifically accurate.
- I was witness to an interesting incident in the forests of Karnataka, Can I submit for JLR explore?Yes, you can. A story with videos or photographs will appeal to the readers more.
- What are the submission guidelines for JLR Explore?You can send a brief outline of the work you want to showcase, with sample images. Subsequent to approval of the idea, you will be requested to send the write-up and low-resolution images (550 X 350 pixels, @72 dpi). In case any edits are desired, the editors will suggest edits and incorporate the same in your story. You may be asked for high-resolution images if & when necessary. There will be a time delay between acceptance and publishing a story, as we always have a few stories in the pipeline. Please note that there is no fee for submission.
- How can I do assignments for JLR Explore?Assignments will be encouraged by JLR Explore, to generate original content. Funds are very limited and only stories which are very interesting and original will be supported in the initial phase. Stories which are based outside protected areas and tiger reserves will be preferred.
- I want to contribute for conservation, How can I help?We welcome stories showcasing conservation-related issues. We will be shortly setting up a separate forum tackling conservation issues, where you can contribute through effort or funds.
- We are a bunch of friends who are travel writers and photographers, how can we submit our travel experience in the jungles of Karnataka to JLR Explore?You can contribute to JLR Explore by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Please refer to more detailed guidelines in question 5.
- I am a research scientist and I intend to share my work on JLR Explore. How can I do it?You are more than welcome to share your work but please ensure that the content is written in a simplified format while retaining its scientific accuracy. Material already submitted elsewhere, with high visibility, is liable to be rejected.
- Who is responsible for the content I submit to JLR Explore?The content will be the responsibility of the author. JLR Explore will publish the story and acknowledge the author. If there is any conflict on the nature of ownership of the content between the author and others, JLR reserves the right to remove such content from JLR Explore. JLR Explore will not be responsible for misuse of content and images.
- Can I share the links of JLR Explore?Yes, you can share the links of JLR Explore as long as the original source is credited and the original material is un-edited or culled-out.